Who We Are
Within our network there is a growing movement of locally rooted, globally informed leaders, including over 13,000 teachers currently in classrooms and more than 90,000 alumni leaders, reaching millions of children around the world.
The Global Leadership Accelerator supports these leaders to further develop the leadership skills and mindsets necessary to transform systems around them, so that all children have the opportunity to fulfill their potential.
Our guiding belief is that to transform systems around us, we also must be willing to do the “inner work” to transform ourselves.
The Need for a New Paradigm of Leadership
Given the systemic nature of inequity, there is no one solution to ensuring all children have access to the education, support, and opportunity to fulfill their potential. We need many solutions and sustainable systemic change, which requires the collective leadership of many people working together across all parts of the systems that impact children.
Collective leadership requires a new set of skills and mindsets that have not been traditionally taught, such as:
- understanding the dynamics of power & privilege in our systems
- forging relationships across lines of difference, and
- holding spaces for diverse groups of people to come together and co-create solutions
And this is just a start.
What We Do
The Global Leadership Accelerator cultivates leaders who, grounded in a deep sense of purpose and consciousness about themselves and the world around them, work collectively with many others to disrupt inequitable systems and imagine new ways forward.
We offer a range of programs that bring together leaders from across the network to develop their leadership and accelerate their impact. These programs target leaders at all levels, from CEOs of network partner organizations to first-year classroom teachers.
We support leaders across our network to develop the collective leadership capacities necessary for systemic change:
Our Leadership Offerings
We offer a range of programs that bring together leaders from across the network to develop their leadership and accelerate their impact. These programs target leaders at all levels, from CEOs of network partner organizations to first year classroom teachers.
Select examples of our leadership offerings
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DEI) fellowship over 16 weeks to build a global network of practitioners who can bring DEI-informed leadership to their local contexts
Competencies: understand roots of inequity, disrupt inequitable practices, unlearn biases, hold space for conflict & difference
CEO Peer Learning Groups (PLGs) in which 3-4 CEOs and an executive coach gather virtually each month to work through CEOs’ biggest leadership challenges
Competencies: grow awareness of self, build trusting relationships, navigate uncertainty & complexity, pause & reflect
Trauma-informed workshop series to increase participants’ capacities in trauma-informed leadership for themselves and in classrooms, informed by the science of learning
Competencies: enable individual & collective healing, see strengths and wisdom in others, see our work as systemic
Our Approach: Activating Transformative Learning
- Our flagship programs are co-created by global experts alongside local practitioners.
- We work with global experts to access cutting-edge thinking in domains such as trauma and healing, deep listening, systems thinking, and adult development.
- Equally, our programs are informed by diverse local practitioners, who bring experience and insight from classrooms, communities, and organizations across 60+ countries.
- While traditional programs focus on imparting new knowledge, we often focus on the unlearning of implicit mindsets or beliefs that sit under the surface.
- Disorienting experiences invite individuals to question their mental models, mindsets, and hidden assumptions.
- Ultimately, these approaches lead to new ways of seeing the world, creating possibilities for transformative rather than incremental change.
- We recognize that shifting mindsets and skills takes time, so we offer a suite of programs for practitioners to build capacities over time with multiple levels and modalities.
- Intensive fellowships and coaching programs provide space for deeper learning, while shorter workshop series enable targeted skill-building.
- We also offer ongoing community spaces for peers to deepen their connections and continue developing together.
A Multiplier Effect
We expect thousands of leaders around the world to benefit from the Global Leadership Accelerator in the coming years, and those in turn, to influence many others. Many of our flagship programs include a “train the trainer” component so that practitioners can then lead this work in their home contexts.
We also invite some practitioners to become adjunct global faculty of the Accelerator so that our offerings are co-led and co-designed by those who are closest to the challenges.